1. These little rubber bands increase spaces between teeth to make room for fitting braces
2. Teeth will feel sore for a few days. If the soreness is uncomfortable for you or your child, then pain medication such as over the counter ibuprofen or acetaminophen should relieve the temporary discomfort.
3. Do NOT chew gum or any sticky foods or candies. These sticky foods will pull out your spacers.
4. The spacers will feel as if you have food stuck between the teeth. Do NOT pull the spacers out or pick at your spacers.
5. Brush your teeth regularly after eating and before bedtime. (This is the only time we ask you not to use dental floss between these teeth).
6. If the spacers “fall out” naturally, that is OK. This may indicate that there is enough space between the teeth.
7. At your next visit, our office will remove the spacers prior to fitting the braces.
If there are any questions or problems, please do not hesitate to call the office at 480-767-8810 or email us at email@example.com