FACTS ABOUT SPACERS
- The little rubber bands increase spaces between teeth to make room for fitting braces.
- They will make the teeth sore for two days. If the soreness is particularly uncomfortable for you,then pain medication such as aspirin, Tylenol, or Advil should relieve the temporary discomfort
- Dont chew gum or anything that is sticky as it will pull out the spacers
- The spacers may feel like you have popcorn between your teeth; don’t pick them out!
- Brush your teeth regularly after eating anything before bedtime. (NOTE: During this time only- you cannot use dental floss. We will teach you how to floss between your braces.)
- If any of the spacers fail out – that’s O.K. It simply means there is enough space in that area
- Our office will remove these spacers just prior to fitting the braces.
If there are any questions or problems, phone us.